Tuesday, May 29, 2012

It's going to be a Zoo, Lexie's Two!

We had a zoo themed birthday party over Memorial Day weekend that I think was a big success.  Especially when you consider it was 95 degrees outside, I think everyone had a good time.

As the kids got to the party they got to pick out animal masks, Lexie and Braiden both picked out lion masks.


Here is part of the trail mix station that I thought was such a cute idea (and still do), unfortunately I think the kids were too busy playing to have time to make trail mix.

 Giving Grandma Nancy a big "lion" hug!

Lexie was in a really good mood and was full of smiles.

Check out that cake!  Aunt Shelli is awesome and has now become the cake decorator in the family. It has giraffes, elephants, monkeys, lions and a crocodile on it, all edible!

She got lots of great presents and is definitely set for the summer with a couple sprinklers, a pool and her own adirondack chair .  We got one of the sprinklers out the next day and she had a blast splashing around the back yard.


Passing out hugs to say thank you for the presents.



Waiting to blow out her candles. :)


Big breath and BLOW!!!



 Sweaty, dirty and tired but she had so much fun!


Thanks to everyone that was able to come, I hope you had as much fun as Lexie did.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe she is already 2!! Time sure does fly. Glad to hear that you and Greg are no longer long-distance living. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's so much fun, it just keeps getting better and better Amber. You have some great times ahead of you with Gwen!
      Greg joined us mid-April, it's been great. Lex has become such a daddy's girl since he got up here.

      Delete