Saturday, November 30, 2013

A Month of Thankfulness - Recap

Nov. 1  Friday - I'm thankful for the Fridays off that I've had since Blake was born. Even though I never seem to get as much accomplished as hoped each Friday I'm thankful for the chance to spend some more time with my kids, snuggles with Blake and puzzles with Alexis. Four day work weeks are the way to go with a three day weekend, I'm going to miss it once busy season starts up.
Nov. 2  Saturday - Thankful for Greg and everything that he does to make me happy and that he puts up with me and my flaws.
Nov. 3  Sunday - Thankful that Greg and I have found a church and that our kids will grow up knowing God. We had both of the kids dedicated today and it was wonderful.
Nov. 4  Monday - I'm thankful for my daughter. She's a lover and doesn't want to go anywhere without giving those she loves AT LEAST 3 hugs, even then a meltdown might happen if she thinks she should have given one more and it's too late. :)
Nov. 5  Tuesday - Thankful that I'm able to join the local MOPS group and am getting to know some other moms here in town.
Nov. 6 Wednesday - I'm thankful for Tuesday Pinterest meals with the Smith Family! Liz and I have been getting together for dinner and catching up each week for the past year and a half. We usually make each other guinea pigs to some new meal we found on Pinterest. Although it normally turns into chaos with all the kids playing together it's an evening that I look forward to each week.
Nov. 7 Thursday - I'm so thankful for my sweet little boy! He is 4 months old today and has me completely wrapped around his tiny, perfect fingers. I've spent way too many hours holding him and my house is a mess because of it but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Nov. 8 Friday - Thankful for my sister who watches Blake every Thursday evening so that I can take Alexis to music class and have a little one on one time with her.  She is always just a phone call away to help with anything I need, I'm so glad we moved so we could be closer together. I love that we now get to see each other a couple times a week.
Nov. 9 Saturday - A big thanks to my family for helping us out in a pinch to babysit both kids.  My sister & brother in-law are always there when we need them and my mom and step-dad cancelled their plans for the evening to come watch the grandkids at the last second! I know Alexis LOVES anytime she can spend with Nonnie and Papa Poe, memories in the making.
Nov. 10 Sunday - Thankful for morning cuddles and laughs in bed with the whole family.
Nov. 11 Monday - Thank you to everyone who has served our country, especially family and friends.
Nov. 12 Tuesday - Thankful that I'm one of my nieces favorite people and that I get to watch her grow up! There's something about being an Aunt that is so special. Love you Kendall Lyn!
Nov. 13 Wednesday - Thankful for my brother. I was too old when he was born for us to be that close but I'd do anything for him. He's a great uncle and Alexis loves the funny things he teaches her.
Nov. 14 Thursday - Thankful for a great job that allows me flexibility to put my family first.
Nov. 15 Friday - Thankful that H.S. football season is over and Greg is home with us more, especially Friday nights that we can once again spend as a family.
Nov. 16 Saturday - Thankful that my sister and brother-in-law have found a home that they love. Time to go help them move!
Nov. 17 Sunday - Thankful that we are ok and that our damage was minimal from the storms that hit the area.
Nov 18 Monday - Thankful for mornings that go smoothly, especially on a Monday. If only we could figure out the trick to what makes a good morning vs. a bad morning with Alexis....
Nov. 19 Tuesday - Today I am thankful for my health. I was reminded this morning of how blessed I am that both of my kids are happy, healthy and thriving.
Nov. 20 Wednesday - Thankful for the beautiful sunrises and sunsets this time of year. One of the only good things about shorter days is that we get to see the sunrise and sunset on our way to and from daycare everyday.
Nov. 21 Thursday - Thankful that I got to see a good friend for lunch yesterday and catch-up. I spent the day in Indy for training and sometimes I miss the hustle and bustle and the friends but I DON'T miss the traffic!
Nov. 22 Friday - Thankful for the joy and excitement that I see in Alexis when talking about Christmas. It's going to be a fun year with her!
Nov. 23 Saturday - Thankful for grandparents, specifically Dad and Paula today, that take Alexis and allow Greg and I (and Blake) to have an afternoon/evening together to get some Christmas shopping done.
Nov. 24 Sunday - Thankful for all of the blessings in my life, I was reminded in church this morning of how blessed I am.
Nov. 25 Monday - Thankful for the crystal clear skies last night that allowed us to see all of the beautiful stars! I love taking Alexis outside on nights like last night just to stare at the stars.
Nov. 26 Tuesday - Thankful for all four of my grandparents, I'm really lucky to have all them. I've got so many great memories and love that my kids are getting to know their great-grandparents.
Nov. 27 Wednesday - Thankful for a short work week.
Nov. 28 Thursday - Thankful for all of my family and the ability to see so many of them today.
Nov. 29 Friday - Thankful for a morning at home as a family decorating the Christmas tree.
Nov. 30 Saturday - Thankful for the Christmas season and all the Joy, Hope and Peace that it brings. For Greg that loves me unconditionally, the innocence, love and independence that is Alexis at the age of three and the sweet laughs, infectious smiles and amazing blue eyes of almost 5 month old Blake. Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment