Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Blakester 6 Months - Finally!

He'll be 7 months old on Friday and I'm just now getting the 6 months stats posted! Ahhh....  Without further ado...

It's unbelievable to think we are on the back half of his first year, crazy!  You wouldn't know it by looking at him though, our little man is just that, little.  His Dr. says he's just a little peanut, he's barely on the charts and is significantly smaller than Alexis at this age.  Blake has only had breastmilk and by 6 months Alexis was probably 20/80 breastmilk and formula so that might make a little difference but I think even with formula he would still be small.  I love that he's still my little baby that I can snuggle and will enjoy it as long as I can. :)


  • Weight - 13 lbs 14 oz - 3rd percentile (yes only the third, he's barely hanging on!)
    • Alexis weighed 16 lbs 1 oz at 6 months
  • Height - 25 1/4 inches - 1st percentile (pretty sure the nurse was generous with the measurement)
  • At 6 months he was sitting up with the boppy supporting him, a couple weeks later and he's sitting up like a pro without any support.
  • Sitting is his favorite position. He loves sitting up and watching everything going on, especially his big sister singing and dancing, as is the norm in our house.
  • He got his first taste of food right at 6 months, we started with sweet potatoes and then avocado, carrots, egg yolk, squash and now peas.  He is currently eating 3 meals a day 1-2 oz each time. I'm making all his baby food and it really isn't that difficult or time consuming, easier than I thought.
  • Still taking 7 oz. bottles every three hours, he's been doing this since he was 5 months old.  Adding solid food to all this milk and I think he's starting to bulk up a little bit, his cheeks are getting chubbier. :)
  • LOVES his big sister! He almost always breaks into a big smile when Alexis walks into the room and will laugh at her all the time. If we are busy and he starts fussing we'll as Alexis to entertain him, they both love it!  She has an audience that laughs and smiles at her while she's dancing or goofing off. It's a mutual love, she adores him too. Makes my heart smile.
  • In the last week or so he's just started giving open mouthed kisses, LOVE THEM!  He leans in for a hug and kiss when you pick him up.
  • He sleeps through the night but around 4-5 a.m. he will start moving around and I'll have to give him his binkie a couple times and he'll usualy stay asleep until 7 a.m.  He's still sleeping in the pack and play in our room so I don't have to get up to get him the binkie and I wake up at 5:30 to pump milk for him anyway so I don't mind.
  • No signs of teeth yet, Alexis got her first right around 7 months so maybe sometime soon.
  • Says "puh puh" quite often but that's the only consonant I've noticed, we keep trying for "mah mah" or "dah dah" but no luck.


His first taste of food, not so sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment