Friday, October 26, 2012

October Happenings

Wow what a typical Indiana month we've had; today -  dreary wet skies and we'll be lucky to break 50 degrees, yesterday - sunny, gorgeous and almost 80 degrees!

Big happenings in the Jarrett household!  We finally sold our house!!! and we had an offer accepted on a new place here in N. Manchester (more on that in future postings).  The first couple weekends of October were spent moving all of our stuff out of the Greenwood house, exciting but exhausting!
sticking her head through the coffee table while we were moving


The next weekend we sent Lexie to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Wheeler so that Greg and I could go to a friends wedding.  It was a beautiful wedding at the Avon Gardens near Indianapolis but in true Indiana fashion the weather got unseasonably cold for that weekend so we were freezing during the outdoor ceremony and reception!
Having fun with Grandma and Grandpa!



Last weekend we did our annual pumpkin carving.  Every year until this year Alyssa Wheeler has come over to carve with us, Lexie has always had so much fun.  It wasn't quite the same without A.A. (Alyssa we wished you lived closer!).




Alexis got bored pretty quickly this year, either because she's 2 and can't sit still for long or because A.A. wasn't there with her infinite patience and willingness to go at Lexie's speed. :)



bored already and popping bubble wrap

 Personality & Milestones:

  •  My favorite thing this month is to hear her say I Love You.  It comes out more "I Wuves You" but she says it without prompting to Greg and I and it's sooo cute! The other day after school she told me "I Wuves You All Day Mommy," melted my heart!
  • She also says "Mommy you're my friend" or "Daddy you're my friend" on a regular basis.  So sweet!  That is until she gets in trouble or told no then you ask and she says "No, you're not my friend anymore!"  Only another 20 years of these emotions..... :)
  • She is definitely on a sticker craze lately!  Every evening she gets her stickers out and puts them on whatever paper or article of clothing she can find.  Here are a few examples:

She stickerfied Grandpa Scott's back! :)

  • She's always loved reading books but lately she's taken to sitting down and reading them on her own (my motherly heart loves this! keep reading little girl and you'll be so smart!).

Sunday morning - check out the bed head!
  • Our little Angel, Ha! has gotten herself into trouble last week at school!  I had to talk to the teacher and the daycare director.  She got on a phase of hitting others. Not good! She wasn't doing it at home just at school.  We figured out that she was doing it for the attention of her favorite teacher so we put in a plan of positive reinforcement every hour that's she's good.  So far it seems to be working, all four days this week she's come home with glowing reports! Yay! When the director asked me if I had any suggestions for getting her to stop I almost cried, this is my first time doing this I have no idea what I'm doing! :) 
Here is the little stinker being so innocent playing with bubblewrap.


Tomorrow we have fall pictures and then a Halloween Party at Dad & Paula's.  The Jarrett family will be going as the Flintstones and hoping to bring home the prize in the pumpkin carving contest!

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment